Career Online High School
About Career Online High School
Earn an accredited high school diploma and career certification through Career Online High School (COHS). The Library is offering a limited number of free scholarships to qualified adult learners who want to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry or continue their education.
Once enrolled, COHS pairs each student with an academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students are given up to 18 months to complete the program.
To be eligible for a COHS scholarship, you must:
- Be a Suffolk resident
- Be age 22 or older
- Have successfully completed 8th grade
- Have a traditional library card in good standing or apply for a library card.
- Take the quick Are You Ready Survey to get started.
- Successfully complete a two-week prerequisite course in a selected career certificate.
- Interview with program facilitators on qualifications to complete the program.
- Complete a total of 18 credits of which credits may be transferred from another institution or from passing GED subject areas.
- Complete the selected career certificates. (4 credits)
- Each credit should be completed in a month with 8-10 hours each week devoted to coursework.
- Work with an academic coach who offers ongoing support and connections to additional instructional help when needed.
- Students must have technology access to complete online coursework. Courses can be accessed on the computers at your local library.
Visit Career Online High School for more details and to see if this program is a good fit for you.
Have questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org