Calendar of Battle of the Books Events
Battle of the Books Interest Meetings [In-person]
- Calling all 4th and 5th grade readers! We are gearing up for this school year's Battle of the Books (BOB) and we want you to join! BOB is a game-show style reading competition where students are encouraged to read and answer questions based on selected titles. This meeting is a great opportunity to learn more about the books we plan to read this year, the format of the competition, our upcoming BOB programs, and more. We invite school media specialists and teachers who are interested in coaching, as well as 4th and 5th grade students and their parents who would like to know more about BOB.
- September 20, 2021 at 6:30 pm at Morgan Memorial Library
- September 22, 2021 at 6:30 pm at North Suffolk Library
Get Ready for Battle: Battle of the Books Discussion Programs [Live] on listed Wednesdays at 5:00 pm.
- Join us for our virtual Battle of the Books (BOB) discussion programs to get ready to compete against other fourth and fifth graders in the Suffolk Battle. Come to each meeting prepared to discuss the novel and answer challenging questions. We will cover each of our BOB titles. Registration is required. Zoom link will be e-mailed to participants. Grades 4-5th.
- October 20th: Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel
- November 3rd: The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
- November 17th: Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky
- December 1st: Kid Athletes
- December 15th: London Eye Mystery
Programs will be recorded and shared with participants via the BOB Google Drive folder so they can be used for review purposes.
2022 Winter/Spring Discussion Program Dates:
- January 12th: Fish In a Tree
- January 26th: Wings of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy
- February 9th: Treasure Hunters
- February 23rd: The Invention of Hugo Cabret
- March 9th: When Stars Are Scattered
Participating Student & Coach Social: Late January or February
School & Practice battles: Late March and April
Final Battle: April 2022
Exact dates and times for 2022 Winter/Spring events are tentative and subject to change. Exact dates/times will be provided closer to the event dates. Check our Calendar of Classes & Events for the latest information.