Get Ready for Battle: Battle of the Books Discussion Programs [LIVE]
Join us for our virtual Battle of the Books (BOB) discussion programs to get ready to compete against other fourth and fifth graders in the Suffolk Battle. Come to each meeting prepared to discuss the novel and answer challenging questions. We will cover each of our BOB titles. Registration is required. Zoom link will be e-mailed to participants. Grades 4-6th.
All sessions will be held at 6:30PM via Zoom:
- Monday, October 17th - Matilda
- Monday, November 7th - The Last Last Day of Summer
- Monday, November 28th - The Hatmakers
- Tuesday, December 13th - Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library
- Monday, January 9th - Black Heroes of the Wild West
- Monday, January 23rd - How to Get Away with Myrtle
- Monday, February 6th - Miles Morales: Shock Waves
- Monday, February 27th - Place at the Table *** Author Visit (start time 6:15 pm)
- Monday, March 6th - Practice
Programs will be recorded and shared with participants via the BOB Google Drive folder so they can be used for review purposes.
Participating Student & Coach Social: Late January or February
School & Practice battles: March 2023
City Battles: Late March/Early April 2023
Final Battle: Mid-April 2023
Exact dates and times for 2023 Winter/Spring events are tentative and subject to change. Exact dates/times will be provided closer to the event dates. Check our Calendar of Classes & Events for the latest information.