For Use at Library
- *NEW* During COVID-19: Check out a laptop for use on library property!
- Laptops will be able to be checked out for four hours for use outside on library property between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays (Saturdays beginning October 3)
- A library account is required.
- Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, staff will be unable to provide one on one technical assistance.
- Laptops can be requested by using curbside pickup service at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library.
- Laptops are available on a first come first served basis and cannot be placed on hold in advance.
Terms & Conditions
By checking out a Lendable Tech Device, you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Who can use Lendable Tech Devices? Lendable Tech Devices are available for checkout by anyone with a valid Suffolk Public Library card in good standing.
- For how long can I check out a device? Lendable Tech devices must be returned to library staff after 4 hours or fifteen minutes before the library closes, whichever comes first. Lendable tech devices are available on a first come/first serve basis only. No advance reservations/Holds are allowed.
- Can I bring Lendable Tech Devices home with me? Lendable Tech devices are ONLY to be used inside the library building or outside on library property. Leaving library property with a device constitutes theft. Suffolk Public Library does offer other special collections you can take home with you such as WiFi2Go, cake pans, crocheting kits and knitting kits.
- The City of Suffolk (Suffolk Public Library) is not responsible for personal information shared over the Internet or for information and websites accessed using the device, or for any misuse, harm or any other result due to the use of the Lendable Tech Device.
- The City of Suffolk (Suffolk Public Library) is not responsible for lost or damaged documents, data, removable media, or equipment.