Library Services at Home
Suffolk Public Library offers many free services available in the comfort of your own home. The following resources may be especially relevant during the COVID-19 situation or offer temporary additional features during this time. Learn more about:
- Early Learning: World Book Online’s early childhood digital resource, it is a child’s first encyclopedia, eBook, and introduction to core early concepts. What you need: Library card number
- Gale In Context Elementary: Provides authoritative, curriculum-aligned, age-appropriate digital content that covers a broad range of educational topics. No library card needed.
- Hoopla: One of the library’s eBook partners that also offers access to audiobooks, comics and streaming music, movies and TV shows. Check out Hoopla’s Bonus Borrows collections to access free content without using your monthly borrows. Find Bonus Borrows collections listed in the categories or genres sections online or through the app. (Customers are now able to check out 6 items per month rather than 4!) What you need: Library card number and PIN
- Ready Reads: Sign up for this monthly subscription service and you’ll receive a list of digital and physical titles available from the library and other services like Hoopla. This includes both ebooks and eaudiobooks. You can opt for physical books only, digital books only, or a combination of physical and digital.
- Universal Class: Self-paced online learning with over 500 online classes available in a wide variety of topics with the option of earning continuing education units (CEUs) with a certificate. What you need: Library card number
- Virtual Classes & Events: Visit our YouTube channel for access to virtual classes and events, and check back frequently for new content.
Visit our Facebook page for more additional updates and announcements.