Current Hours of Operation:
All locations remain closed to the public.
Staff availability through the phone: 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Curbside pickup service at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library: 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Curbside pickup service at Chuckatuck Library: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Thursdays, beginning October 15. Subject to change due to weather.
Learn more about Library Services At Home.
View LIVE and recorded virtual classes and events.
To address the ongoing COVID-19 situation:
- Following National, State, and our local Emergency Declarations regarding COVID-19, and out of an abundance of caution, all Suffolk Public Library locations will be closed to the public from Monday, March 16, 2020 until further notice.
- Contactless Curbside Pickup at Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Library:
- Available Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Beginning October 3, we will also offer curbside pickup service on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Library cardholders must place holds in advance and wait to receive text/email notification before coming to the library.
- Once at library, drive or walk up to one of the two designated spots and call the library.
- Library staff will bring items out and place on table, and then indicate when the customer can approach the table to retrieve their items.
- Any items customers bring back to the library must be returned to the item drops and will not be accepted on the tables.
- Library cardholders can place items on hold through their account online or by calling the library.
- People are encouraged to review their accounts and cancel any holds they no longer need.
- Contactless Curbside Pickup at Chuckatuck Library:
- Available Thursdays from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. beginning October 15. Subject to change due to weather.
- Checked out books will be available for pickup from a table in front of Chuckatuck Library.
- *NEW* Tech2Go: Check out a laptop for use outside on library property at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library!
- Laptops will be able to be checked out for four hours for use on library property between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. on Saturdays
- A library account is required.
- Due to COVID-19 social distancing guidelines, staff will be unable to provide one on one technical assistance.
- Laptops can be requested by using curbside pickup service at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library.
- Laptops are available on a first come first served basis and cannot be placed on hold in advance.
- *NEW* Grab Bag Books: Need a stack of picture books with no preference for title? Use our curbside pickup service and ask us for up to 10 randomly-selected picture books!
- Events: All in-library classes through August have been cancelled but you can visit our online calendar for information on virtual events and Virtual2Go packs.
- Library Cards: People can call and sign up for a library card over the phone to get instant access to digital materials (757-514-7323 Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or apply online.
- Renewals: Books will be automatically renewed and no bills are being issued while we’re closed. If a book has a hold on it, it will not be auto-renewed but customers can still hold onto those books as no bills will be issued.
- Printing Services: Print from Anywhere service offered for no-contact pick-up at Morgan Memorial Library and North Suffolk Library. Call 757-514-7323 for details.
- Little Libraries: Little Libraries are being stocked at Holland Hardware Store, Tyne St Playground, Lake Meade Park, Paul D. Camp campus and our Morgan Memorial and North Suffolk Library locations. View a map of all Little Library locations.
- Outreach: We are in constant evaluation of our outreach into the community and will make decisions based on the information available with community and staff safety as a priority. At this time, Pop-Up Library visits are being suspended.
- Sanitization: Hand sanitizer and other cleaning tools are being utilized in all City facilities including the active disinfecting of frequently used items (e.g. door knobs/handles, light switches, computers, Kronos biometric clocks, toys, etc.). Materials returned to the library undergo a quarantine period before returning to circulation.